You are invited to the
Online Undergraduate Resource Fair for the Advancement and Alliance of Marginalized Mathematicians (OURFA2M2),
taking place via Zoom on November 19th & 20th, 2022.
The conference aims to help students to start or develop a math career (in research, teaching, or industry). Anyone is welcome to attend, and we are especially aimed at students from underrepresented and marginalized groups in mathematics.
This conference is for:
- undergraduate students at all levels, from students taking pre-calculus to upperclassmen
- students who want to learn about career-building opportunities and how to become a competitive applicant
- students who want to connect with peers and potential mentors
The event will include:
- panel discussions about various opportunities and programs for undergrads
- Crash Courses in areas of math common to undergraduate research
- talks about mathematicians’ journeys
- a resource presentation on conferences, mentorship, math organizations, etc.
- networking lunches
Please see more details on the attached flyer and our website, and register here! Also attached is a text file to serve as alt text describing the flyer.
The conference will be held in partnership with the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), and is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation, DUE-2230388.