For some statistics summer programs, please go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Dag3ehcHdizLGKksYB4bEz8Hkd1CudhHs7cY0dEiao/edit .
- Explorations in Statistics Research, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado. This program introduces students to three modern, applied statistics research problems and gives them a sense of how statisticians approach large, complex problems, with the aim of encouraging them to pursue advanced degrees in statistics.
- Texas A&M has a Pre-REU and bridge programs to graduate school for current juniors and seniors.
- Berkeley undergraduate research program is especially for underrepresented groups.
- The Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education (EDGE) Program invites women to participate in a post baccalaureate summer enrichment program designed to enhance their abiity to successfully complete graduate programs in the mathematical sciences.
- The University of Nebraska has a summer research experience.
- Metrology REU
- CMU Image Processing
- CalTech for underrepresented students
- Interdisciplinary Program in High Performance Computing at University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- RIPS is an REU-like program that has teams of students working on projects that were proposed by industrial partners. The program started on the UCLA campus and now exists in three places: UCLA, Beijing, Berlin. All three programs are conducted in English. The US program (in LA) is open to international students.
- The Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) at the University of California, Berkeley.
- The Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics (SIBS) is designed to introduce quantitatively oriented undergraduate students to Biostatistics.
- UCLA IPAM Research in Industrial Projects, where undergraduates do applied research in mathematics. Open to international students.
- ICERM has a summer undergraduate research program. The mission of the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM) is to support and broaden the relationship between mathematics and computation: specifically, to expand the use of computational and experimental methods in mathematics, to support theoretical advances related to computation, and address problems posed by the existence and use of the computer through mathematical tools, research and innovation.
- UC Berkeley has a summer 2013 research program for undergraduates.
- NASA has summer internships for undergraduates.
Finally, see the following entry on Frank Morgan’s page: